Search Fund Accelerator ("SFA") is an innovative private equity firm designed to optimize a niche investment model known as a Search Fund. SFA provides support and capital to entrepreneurs seeking to acquire, manage and grow a single business as CEO. Our entrepreneurs have experience in investment banking, consulting and private equity, and are alumni of top business schools including Chicago Booth, Harvard, Columbia and Yale.
About the Internship:
Private Equity Interns shadow and learn from SFA's entrepreneurs at every stage of the search process: research, outreach, business model evaluation and company due diligence. This comprehensive experience gives interns insight into a variety of industries and companies. In addition, SFA organizes frequent workshops and events to increase interns' exposure to innovative business ideas and enhance their skills.
Start Date: January
End Date: May
Time Commitment: Part Time (15-20hrs/week) for at least 12-15 weeks
Location: All interns must work in our office in Boston, MA.
We do not hire remote/virtual interns.
Interns Learn How To:
- Screen & find company information on potential acquisition targets
- Interface with brokers & bankers to source opportunities
- Conduct research to identify & evaluate industry niches
- Analyze financial statements & business models
- Conduct due diligence on acquisition targets
The Internship Program at SFA provides students with experience that is applicable in every corner of the business arena. Our alumni have continued their careers at firms such as: Goldman Sachs, Bain Capital, Bain & Co, McKinsey & Co, Deloitte, EY, JMI Equity, UBS, Silicon Valley Bank, Deutsche Bank, Loomis, Sayles & Co, Liberty Mutual, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley.
More information: http://www.searchfundaccelerator.com/interns/
This unpaid Internship Program is open to current students who receive course credit from their university. This part- time Internship Program requires a commitment of 15-20 hours/week for at least 12-15 weeks.
- Undergraduate student eligible to receive course credit for the internship
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
- A keen interest in finance and entrepreneurship
- A strong work ethic
- A basic understanding of financial statements
- A business-related major
- At least one prior internship experience
- Entrepreneurial culture - Flexible schedule
- Technical & career workshops
- Mentorship from entrepreneurs
- Professionals with experience in PE, IB & consulting