We are hiring a lead front end engineer to deliver new features to customers while 'simplifying and beautifying' our user experience. We're building a product focused team that observes, empathizes, supports, and guides almost every aspect of the business: helping families make the best college choices possible. You'll contribute to and review user stories, and ship great code.
Edmit is a venture-backed, seed-stage company focused on transforming the way students and families make financial decisions about college, building tools and services that lead to better college choices. We are reimagining the way people evaluate one of the most important financial decisions they'll make in their lifetime and are building a product engineering team where every team member has true individual ownership and responsibilities over projects.
As Lead Frontend Engineer, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ideate, advocate for, and deliver high-quality features and code in line with business goals
- Work alongside product designers to add functionality to their designs and augment our existing component library
- Interpret spec of varying levels of detail and work with other engineers in sprints to deliver features at rapid pace
- Managing and recruiting other frontend engineers as the company scales
Our product engineering team has a commitment to:
- Curiosity and passion for the craft of software engineering
- A healthy approach to velocity and technical debt
- Open discussion and feedback both with engineering colleagues and across functions
- Efficient and effective execution
- Ownership, accountability, measurement
Founded by recognized university leaders, Edmits intuitive software provides personalized, data-driven advice to help families understand the true cost and overall value of different colleges. Families that use Edmit make smarter college choices leading to less debt and better earnings outcomes, saving an average of over $5,000.
- 2+ years experience in high performing teams; demonstrated experience with frontend engineering best practices
- Some exposure to backend software engineering and API design (especially GraphQL)
- A passion for consumer technology businesses and experience or demonstrated interest in higher education or fintech
- Candidates should exemplify each of our company values
- Frontend technologies we use: TypeScript, React, Redux, GraphQL
We offer health and dental insurance, 401k, and a $50/month flex benefit that you can spend on anything you want to be happier and healthier!
This is the lead frontend engineer job in Boston if you are aligned with our mission: We're an early-stage company with an experienced and passionate team, great traction in the consumer market, and huge opportunities to bring more data and transparency to one of the largest purchases we make in our lifetime. We're looking for outstanding team members to join and contribute to our scale and impact during an exciting stage of growth.