*** Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. ***
- Must be able to read and comprehend, with ability to compare incoming materials with purchase orders.
- General computer knowledge and typing skills desired.
- Must be able to drive, DOT certified, and maintain a good driving record.
- Requires significant walking, standing and moving material.
- Must be able to transport up to 100 pounds and operate a forklift and a pallet jack.
- Takes outgoing mail to Post Office and picks up inbound mail at 9:00 a.m.
- Loads and unloads freight trucks.
- Verifies material received.
- Submits verified paperwork to Warehouse Coordinator or Supply Chain Facilitator as appropriate.
- Unloads/verifies individual box deliveries.
- Fulfills stocked areas with received materials.
- Breaks down mixed/too tall pallets to be put away.
- Wraps pallets destined for local outsourcing company or off-site storage.
- Pulls and submits QC samples for designated materials.
- Picks up and delivers materials to/from off-site warehouses (Must be DOT certified).
- Fills in for Warehouse Floater as needed.
- Maintains Receiving aisle (EM Warehouse) in a clean and organized manner.
- Participates in lean activities, including but not limited to:
a. Lean training and lean events such as kaizen or a 5-day event.
b. 5-S program in department or other areas assigned.
c. DMAICs. Continuously looks for ways to improve both the department’s and own individual efficiencies and time management, as well as ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations, and develops and implements DMAICs accordingly.
- Provides Coordinator/Manager with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit, and obtains additional training as necessary.
- Notifies Coordinator/Manager of any production, equipment, safety, personnel problems, etc. and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent the efficient performance of duties or when a system fails
- Assists in other department activities as needed.
- Floats to and works in other Production areas as needed.
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc.).
Environmental Factors/Physical/Mental Capabilities:
- Primarily works indoors in temperature controlled environment. However, is exposed to varying temperatures in the receiving bay, and the elements when entering/exiting storage trailers, stet the garage or when picking up and delivering materials to and from LaMotte.
- Requires walking, stooping, bending, reaching, transporting up to 100 pounds, occasional climbing, operating a pallet jack and forklift, and driving.
- Requires good math skills, computer skills, typing skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, decision making skills and judgment.
About this company
LaMotte Company, an industry leader of water testing products since 1919, developed and globally sells a revolutionary new product that has changed the world of water testing. Located in Chestertown, MD in a small college town on the Chester River, we are an hour away from Annapolis, and 1.5 hours away from Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore and ocean beaches. We tout a fast growing business and a welcoming, engaging culture that encourages creativity. Our employees and our employee benefits are awesome!
Location/Region: Chestertown, MD