We seek a Maintenance Supervisor for our client, a non-profit, community housing organization.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing the daily activities of the Maintenance Department, including all facilities, living units, grounds, fleet vehicles, inventory, and personnel.
In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor ensures all living units meet or exceed required standards and is also responsible for managing all facility improvements or expansions and any outside contractors engaged.
- High School diploma/GED plus five (5) years of experience in the skilled maintenance of buildings and grounds, including at least one year experience as a supervisor/lead worker. Associate’s degree and/or journeyman level experience in a building trade a plus. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license and become and remain insurable in accordance with the organization’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certifications necessary to carry out the duties of this position (i.e. lead based paint, EPA, etc.) within 18 months of employment.
- Prior experience performing and managing building & grounds maintenance, including: preventive maintenance programs, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, cabinetry, drywall, and paint.
- Demonstrated ability to work with third-party contractors, including defining scope of services, negotiating contracts, and managing projects.
- Familiarity with landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills and strong focus on safety.
- Strong organizational, recordkeeping, and verbal & written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a customer-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, the organization offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; life insurance and short term disability insurance; tuition reimbursement; and a retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About this company
Humanics, LLC provides human resource management services for its clients, including managing their recruitment processes.