Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
As a senior manager/LSRP, you will contribute your leadership, client relationships, and technical consulting skills to drive the growth of Terracon's business and client base locally and in the Mid Atlantic, while networking with Terracon’s technical community and technology experts to share best practices across the company.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and provide technical expertise on New Jersey and regional projects under NJ LSRP, ISRA, UST, and related site remediation programs primarily in New Jersey.
- Manage and provide technical expertise for Preliminary Assessments/Phase I ESAs, Site Investigation/Phase II ESAs, and remedial investigations.
- Perform investigation, remedial planning, permitting, and remediation of air, water, wastewater, vapor, soils, sediment, and other media, and issuing RAOs.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Oversee multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor and develop junior staff.
- Coordinate with Terracon offices on national project delivery.
- Willingness to participate in the business development process through the development of client relationships, cost estimation technical specialties or service initiatives conducting presentations in-house and at technical meetings and conferences.
- Capability to travel around New Jersey and occasionally outside the area (up to 20%).Prepare technical proposals and participate in, and lead business development activities with existing clients and identified leads.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other Terracon employees.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- LSRP license in good standing with diverse mix of LSRP caseload throughout the remedial lifecycle including issuance of RAOs and management of RAPs
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Minimum of 5 to 10+ years consulting experience working with significant industrial clients on complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state and federal regulatory structures (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA, Act 2, etc.)
- Experience NY, DE, MD or PA .
- Experience with both conventional and innovative remediation technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and "people" skills.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Levittown, PA