Job DescriptionAre you passionate about making a difference in your community?
Terracon is growing and hiring a Field Geophysicist in our Denver, CO office! Our Denver office works on exciting projects including bridges and highways, as well as, airport, wind farms and solar farm sites. This position is for an engineer, or scientist who will be responsible to perform a comprehensive range of geophysical technologies in support of geologic, groundwater, environmental, engineering, and materials testing investigations. This position will also be responsible to perform non-invasive geophysical surveys from the ground surface as well as geophysical logging in boreholes to provide images or models of subsurface conditions. The results of your efforts and hard work will be incorporated into the planning, design and construction of vital infrastructure such as roads, tunnels, airports, landfills, water supplies, and other facilities; the assessment of environmental conditions; and the evaluation of earth resources.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow Terracon safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any unsafe activities or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining high-quality standards on all projects.
- Entry level Geophysicist responsible for conducting geophysical surveys using techniques such as GPR, TDEMI, FDEMI, seismic, resistivity, magnetics, and others; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Assists in geophysical data collection and tests to evaluate, plan and permit projects.
- Outlines required investigative program(s) by selecting the proper alternative techniques to conduct site studies in field of expertise.
- May have limited client contact pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Drives commercial motor vehicles, however a CDL license is not required
- Completes paperwork including record keeping, field sketches, detailed notes, and maps of field work legibly and accurately.
- Performs periodic basic maintenance on vehicles and geophysical equipment.
- The ideal candidate will have some exposure to surveying methods and equipment for creation of field maps.
- Bachelor’s degree in a physical science, Geology or Geophysics degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Wheat Ridge, CO