Mortenson is seeking an experienced Estimator to join our team in Portland, OR! The ideal candidate is a skilled and accurate estimator, passionate about preconstruction, and values partnering with people at all levels.
Mortensons success is not a matter of luck; its a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service. Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a \"best place to work\" 38 times regionally over the past decade\u2026 what are you waiting for?!
In this position, the Estimator will gather, calculate, and compile data in order to produce and lead project estimates.
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Solicit trade partners and obtain their bid estimates, and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other schedule-driven items
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software programs(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Participate as a project team member
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they enter the department
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and gather necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- Provide training to other estimators and interns
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Estimating, Construction Management, or equivalent field experience
- Minimum five years commercial construction estimating experience; experience estimating general conditions, self perform concrete
- Construction operations experience preferred
- Conceptual Estimating ability highly desired
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level; experience with WinEst, On-screen Takeoff, VICO, Building Connected, and Assemble preferred
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Current drivers license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer
Location/Region: Portland, OR