Indian Health Service is hiring a Community Health Nurse with Public Health Experience in Whiteriver, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $58,477 - $86,673
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Formulates and implements overall community health nursing programs and plans to satisfy varying patient load requirements, priorities for service and other healthcare objectives;
- Tracks community health status and evaluate health trends and risk factors of population groups;
- Collects data in a systematic organized manner and analyzes the collected assessment of data;
- Investigates health problems and hazards such as communicable diseases and develop a recommended plan of action to address these issues;
- Provides health education to individuals, families and community groups in various settings;
- Performs community assessments to develop a plan of action; and
- Collaborates and establishes partnerships with Tribal Community Health Representatives, Local, State and Federal systems.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- 1 or More Years of Community or Public Health Experience
About Whiteriver, AZ
Of all the areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to find a region offering more—more natural beauty, more history and culture, more recreation, more adventure, more memories—than Arizona’s White Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30 miles from the resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low. Ranging from mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000 feet in the mountains, this region offers a four-season climate. Take the family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the twisting roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon Rim, a vast geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors the pines. Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer months, and in the winter you can’t beat a quick trip to the Sunrise Ski Resort which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.
Location/Region: Whiteriver, AZ