Chota Community Health Services is seeking a motivated LCSW or LPC with a Masters in Social Work and Tennessee License for a full-time position in an office based practice. The ideal candidate has strong family, group and individual clinical skills as well as assessment, counseling and behavioral management. Business, clinical and IT support are provided in order for the candidate to interact closely with patients, families, and other health care providers.
Position Summary: Provides diagnosis and treatment of mental or emotional disorders of individuals, couples, families, and groups in an outpatient setting
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a condition of employment, the healthcare provider will undertake to provide covered services, including emergency treatment, to a health center patient within the approved scope of project of Chota Community Health Services (CCHS), and to any individual who is not a patient of CCHS when asked, called upon, or undertakes, at or near any CCHS location and as a result of a non-CCHS patient's emergency situation, to temporarily treat or assist in treating that non-health center patient.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment. Participate in Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Care Team collaboration · Provides clinical consultation to primary care providers regarding behavioral health diagnoses · Provides diagnosis and treatment of mental or emotional disorders of individuals, couples, families, and groups utilizing recognized modalities
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of students and families in a school setting
- Codes visits appropriately using the appropriate CPT and DSM5 codes
- Consults other Behavioral Health staff, as appropriate, for patients with difficult or challenging situations
- Acts as a resource for CCHS staff regarding mental health or Substance Use Disorder (SUD) questions or liaison to community organizations appropriate to patient’s needs
- Provide emotional and mental health counseling to groups or individuals
- Build a strong rapport with patients and make accurate assessments of their problems
- Keep detailed, concise records of each patient during the course of their treatment
- Provide the most up to date and evidence-based treatment for CCHS patients with patients with mental health and substance use disorders
- Functions under approved counseling protocols. Adheres to policies and procedures
- Must be comfortable with maintaining patient safety, including, but not limited to, conflict resolution, de-escalation, calling the authorities when necessary and other appropriate crisis management
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Valid Tennessee licensure appropriate to degree
- Completed Master’s degree program in appropriate discipline
- Continued education appropriate to practice and consistent with TN licensure and appropriate discipline licensure certification requirements Preferred Skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills Chota Community Health Services
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to operate personal computer and navigate medical software programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, as well as, collaborate with the treatment team
Qualified applicants must successfully pass pre-employment drug screenings and background check.
Applicants must not be excluded from participation in Medicare or Medicaid and all other Federal Healthcare Programs.
Chota Community Health Services is an equal opportunity employer who complies with applicable State and Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.
Location/Region: Vonore, TN