PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit http://www.ppg.com and follow @PPG on Twitter.
When you were a kid, when something broke, did you take it apart and try to fix it? Does your handiness extend past the ability to use a roll of duct tape? Are you seeking a career with a greater purpose?
If you screamed “YES!” to each of those questions, you may be just who we are looking for to help our team “protect and beautify the world!”
As a Energy Recovery Unit Specialist (ERU) with PPG, your work will directly impact people’s lives, ensuring that our products are available to paint the nurseries of new parents, to make residents of retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during holidays!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Scans and oversees the entire operation through the control system consoles, process cameras, and visual observations and will follow the process schedules to initiate the charging of waste feeds to the kiln
- Responsible for the operation of the equipment in the utility center and in the incineration train downstream of the kiln elevator
- Pull samples of the boiler feed water and containment water, perform various tests, and adjust the treatment system
- Responsible for the hose setups for blending wastes in the tank storage cells, charging the incineration feeds to the kiln and loading/managing the conveyors
- Setup tank cleaning and be responsible for pipping the lines to the kiln
- Maintains machines, equipment, the physical plant and its components and troubleshoots various mechanical and electrical failures, attempting to provide repairs or correction action
- Assists with the preventive maintenance program to ensure longer life and continued operation of equipment and department facilities
This position works a 24/7/365 rotating schedule including some weekends. Starting Monday employee works 5 afternoon shifts 2:30p-10:45p; Off 4 days; Work 7 midnight shifts10:30p-6:45a; Off 2 days; Work 7 day shifts 6:30a-2:45p; Off 3 days; Rotation Repeats.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be a qualified journeyman in an industrial craft or at least four years general industrial mechanical experience
- Preference will be provided to those candidates with boiler/incinerator experience
- Must be able to obtain a high pressure boiler operator’s license from the State of Ohio within one year
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800024128
Location/Region: Hallsville, OH