GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for operating video cameras and related production equipment; shooting and editing documentaries, PSA’s, educational, government and promotional videos and programs.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Work is performed under the general supervision of the Communications Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervision is exercised over employees assigned to assist.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: Employees in this class may be called upon to do any or all of the following:
- Working with a production team including producers, writers, editors, graphic artist, audio technicians and engineers
- Gather news and shoot/produce/edit television and online news items
- Edit using non-linear television editing equipment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties by personnel so classified.
- Superior knowledge of the operating characteristics of audiovisual production and editing systems.
- Superior knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of television production.
- Solid video judgment, creative eye and excellent story telling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to understand the basic organization of City government and its functions.
- Ability to shoot and edit with speed and efficiency
- Basic typing and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and holidays
- Basic skills in video (non-linear) and audio editing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related area.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgement, and journalistic ethics
PRELIMINARY QUALIFICATIONS: An applicant shall possess, upon application, based upon the closing date of the posting, the following education and experience or its satisfactory equivalent as outlined and certified by the Civil Service Commission
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in the following areas: Video Editing, Videography and Television Production
- Ability to handle objects with weight up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to operate DSLR/HD/ENG Cameras and understand video production lighting techniques
- Proficient in Adobe Premier, Adobe After effects and FxFactory
- Possess a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Michigan.
- Driving record must meet City standards for insurability
Please click apply now
Location/Region: Warren, MI