Reports to: Director of Public Affairs and Marketing
The Events Manager is a key member of the CNCDA team and is expected to oversee and administer all phases of events, including strategic planning, development and execution from conception to completion. This position consistently manages a number of events and seminars while aiming to increase CNCDA member participation at all events. The Events Manager is responsible for the creation of event marketing materials and content for event promotion. The Events Manager is expected to collaborate with CNCDA team members to directly support the fulfillment of CNCDA’s mission and drive member engagement.
- Conceptualize, manage, and execute all CNCDA events including seminars, webinars, lobby days, fundraisers, receptions and the annual convention.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving member participation at all events.
- Manage event budgets for all events from conception to close out in a timely manner.
- Manage and act as primary contact for all member communications pertaining to event registrations, event cancellations, event payments and event inquiries.
- Responsible for event registration and payment arrangements between CNCDA and metro associations.
- Manage all event functions through internal Association Management Solution database.
- Plan and implement event registration schedules including online and mail delivery channels.
- Responsible for all agreements with outside event vendors including speakers, hotels, designers, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate event contractors.
- Responsible for all pre-planning event logistics including shipping event materials to locations, travel accommodations for staff and coordination of presenters.
- Manage on-site set up, staffing, production, attendee and sponsor registration and take down for events.
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining event inventory.
- Responsible for implementing and documenting CNCDA events policies and procedures.
- Function as the CNCDA face of all events including on-site, via phone and email.
- Manage CNCDA events webpage, including creation of all events.
- Manage event sponsorship fulfillment.
- Lead the creation and implementation of event marketing, including content creation and dissemination to members.
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the annual events budget.
- Responsible for events updates for monthly and quarterly publications.
- Maintain and strengthen CNCDA’s image through exceptional service.
- Function as positive and contributing member of the CNCDA team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience managing large-scale events; CMP preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Experience writing and managing digital content including social media, web, and e-news.
- Experience working with a designer and managing collateral production projects.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Heavy travel required during various times of the year, primarily in California.
- Team player with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment, with ability to react quickly.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Quickly absorbs and adapts to change.