Full Time Plumber Needed Immediately -Retirees encouraged to apply
This job is primarily responsible for repairing and maintaining plumbing systems and equipment in the building structures throughout the district. An added responsibility is the preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment as skills permit.
- Repairs and maintains building structures, fixtures equipment and materials.
- Performs repairs, new installation and maintenance on all plumbing systems and equipment.
- Must have the ability to set up and work off of all types of ladders, lifts and scaffolding systems (see physical/mental requirements/environment).
- Has ability to understand and troubleshoot plumbing systems.
- Repairs and maintains all district plumbing fixtures.
- Performs preventative maintenance of HVAC equipment, such as changing belts, filters, and oil/grease equipment.
- Maintains records on maintenance and operation of all plumbing equipment.
- Checks work orders for scheduled maintenance jobs .
- Prioritizes and schedules assigned work orders.
- Completes work orders in an orderly, timely and professional manner.
- Maintains and organizes tools, equipment, supplies and vehicles.
- Keeps shop area neat, orderly and functional .
- Provides snow removal/shoveling.
- May perform weekend and parking security as directed by the plant manager.
- Performs all other tasks as delegated by plant manager/supervisor.
Marginal functions will vary with the specific assignment, and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible.
Knowledge of repairs and maintenance techniques for building structures, fixtures, equipment and materials . Knowledge of plumbing systems. Must be flexible with work schedule (hours) for special projects and/or general efficiency. Must be able to work overtime at short notice.
Ability to keep records on the maintenance and operation of plumbing and other building systems. Ability to accept responsibilities and to work without supervision. Ability to work/get along with district personnel who occupy buildings: administrators, teachers, custodians, and students. Three to four years of related experience is required.
Physical - Sit: 10% Walk/Stand: 90%
Driver's License required
Will work on all types of ladders and scaffolding. Will work with arms extended overhead. Will work bent over and in awkward positions.
Maximum push/pull - 50 lb., maximum lift/carry - 50 lb., occasional lifting - 50 lb., frequent lifting - 20 lb.
Mental - Ability to interpret; detailed written and verbal communications . Environment - Exposed to undesirable elements.
Location/Region: Ronks, PA