Within the hunting industry, Moultrie is at once an iconic and progressive brand (www.moultriefeeders.com). Founded by Dan Moultrie in 1979, Moultrie has maintained the leading market-share position in both the trail camera and deer feeder product categories for most of its history. Moultrie is part of PRADCO Outdoor Brands (www.pradcooutdoorbrands.com), a leading manufacturer and marketer of major hunting and fishing products. Hunting brands include: Moultrie, Summit, Knight & Hale and Code Blue. Fishing brands include more than 20 brands, including Rebel, YUM, Booyah, Lindy and Bomber Saltwater Grade. POB is a division of EBSCO Industries, Inc. (www.ebscoind.com), a privately held, family owned, diversified company based in Birmingham, AL. As a member of the EBSCO family of companies, PRADCO team members participate in a selection of outstanding benefits, including: EBSCO Profit Sharing Trust, Excellent Medical/Dental/Drug/Vision benefits, and many other benefits. Interactive Product Designer
Moultrie Mobile is seeking an Interactive Product Designer who is a master of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) disciplines. In this role, you will help create, evolve, and reimagine user experiences for Moultrie Mobile’s websites, mobile applications, and other digital properties to create a successful customer experience. We view the customer’s experience as paramount to delivering market-leading products and as important to customer value as the underlying functionality – it must be visually pleasing, easy to use and enjoyable!
The Interactive Product Designer will drive design concepts, conduct research to understand customer use cases, guide user A/B testing, create UX flows/prototypes and define final design requirements. You will own and lead multiple projects partnering directly with Product Management, Software Engineering and Customer Service to develop strategy and execute your designs to drive customer conversion, engagement, and long-term customer retention through superb product and user experience design.
The ideal candidate will thrive on the opportunity to solve complex product usability and design challenges. They will be empathetic and tenacious to deliver a superb user experience that rivals the competition.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Deliver design assets for new features/functionalities for Moultrie Mobile digital experiences.
- Ensure design vision is executed consistently across all digital properties including web and mobile applications (iOS & Android).
- Provide UI/UX thought leadership to product reviews and oversee the enforcement of UI/UX standards.
- Conduct user research and usability testing throughout the design process including A/B testing of proposed functionality to determine optimal interaction and visual design.
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing product lines.
- Bring user experience design concepts to life by creating deliverables including user flows, storyboards, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes as part of an Agile development team.
- Produce quality design concepts quickly, be open to feedback, and translate feedback rapidly into design iterations.
- Concisely document and express user experience standards that can be readily understood and applied by both leadership and developers.
- Design multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively.
- Always keep responsiveness and interactivity in mind to ensure the desired experience translates to various screen sizes.
- Clearly communicate goals and risks to stakeholders and help projects meet deadlines.
- Identify and track usability goals and metrics. Use these findings to adjust the product plan and approach as needed.
- Test and iterate aggressively to arrive at solution that exceed expectations and create points of digital differentiation.
- Become a student of the market and competitive landscape.
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction.
- Advocate for and be the champion of the end user in all aspects of the Agile Scrum process.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of and comfort with contemporary software design tools and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Graphic Design, UX or Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience:
- With user centric design ideally as part of a cross functional Agile team in the consumer space.
- Overseeing the conversion of prototypes and designs into finished solutions that exceed expectations.
- Delivering digital assets (HTML5, CSS, images) for development teams to utilize in delivering the finished solutions.
- Skilled in user research methods including quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Skilled in bringing a prototype to life in hi-fidelity (coded) or lo-fidelity (clickable wireframe)
- Embrace and thrive with a high tolerance for growth, change, and experimentation
- Self-starter with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems
- Collaborative, well organized and efficient, a strong bias for action
- Passion for hunting/fishing and an appreciation of the outdoors
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Birmingham Job Segment:
User Experience, Engineer, Product Manager, Testing, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Operations
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Birmingham, AL