Full time: 40 hours per week, evening and weekend work may be required
Compensation: $15-17 per hour, plus benefits
Housing Program Assistant will collaborate with a team of professional staff to manage all administrative tasks related to Housing Programming, including phone calls, processing applications, data entry, document preparation, filing, scheduling, and reporting.
1. Three plus years of increasingly responsible experience in program administration, business, neighborhood development, housing, or a related field.
2. Strong phone communication.
3. High level of organization and detail.
4. High level of professional ethics.
5. Clear and direct written/oral communication and ability to utilize new technologies for communication.
6. Ability for follow systems, processes, and protocols to EXACT specifications.
7. Ability to manage relationships with contractors, program clients, and neighborhood residents.
8. Ability to manage multiple projects/workloads simultaneously and prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment.
9. Ability to proactively solve problems with sound judgment and intuition.
10. Experience using Adobe Reader and Microsoft Office: Excel and Word.
11. Experience using Google functions, specifically Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Sheets.
12. Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and vision.
13. Ability to work independently of and in collaboration with other staff of the organization.
14. Proven experience in working with neighborhood constituencies in urban neighborhoods.
15. Working knowledge of or ability to learn HUD CDBG and HOME program requirements.
1. Answer housing department incoming phone line.
2. Explain program eligibility guidelines and program activities to clients and prospective clients, including income guidelines, homeownership guidelines, types of work included in program, etc.
3. Complete data entry for all housing programs.
4. Prepare program application packets.
5. Complete intakes and follow up documentation for all client housing programs.
6. Process applications and determine client eligibility for housing programs.
7. Order environmental clearances.
8. Schedule Emergency Repair projects with eligible clients.
9. Communicate daily with program staff and sub-contractors to ensure good project coordination.
10. Prepare and send letters and mailings.
11. Scan documents and file electronically.
12. Maintain official program records and documents, and ensure compliance with YNDC, federal, state, local and/or other applicable regulations.
13. Maintain program, project, and client files including: creation of new files and handling of all program and client filing in accordance with applicable regulations.
14. Assist in completing grant compliance and reporting.
15. Report regularly and maintain clear communication with the Housing Director.
16. All other tasks as assigned.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Tiffany Sokol
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Equal Opportunity Employer