We have immediate openings for in home patient care!
Opportunities available for Caregivers & CNAs.
Employees will be required to perform various personal care/hygiene services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs under the supervision of a registered nurse.
The Caregiver/CNA is responsible for observing clients, assisting with personal care, light housekeeping, transportation if required, and promoting safety and security of the patient.
The Caregiver/CNA is responsible for reporting & documenting observations and care performed.
This employee will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity of care and the safety of our patients.
* Weekly Pay
* Direct Deposit
* Time & 1/2 Pay for Holidays and Overtime hours (over 40 hours)
* Private home setting
* Weekend, daytime and overnight hours available
* Free continuing education
* One to one patient care
* You'll be working for a Joint Commission Accredited Company, the only one in Charleston!
* Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor and Plan of Care.
* Provide personal care:
* Bathing, grooming, and oral care * Assist the client with dressing and undressing
* Assist the client with toileting activities
* Assist in feeding the client, if necessary
* Take and record vital signs if required (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure).
Measure and record height and weight if required
* Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e.
turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
* Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
* Provide client with help walking and transferring
* Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions and report any change to the Director of Nursing; Document observed changes
* Assist client in the self-administration of medication (medication reminder)
* Perform light housekeeping and meal preparation & cleanup if needed
* Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
* Maintain an orderly client environment
* Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
* Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
* Ensure client’s rights are adhered to.
These include but are not limited to: * the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
* the right to accept or refuse care
* the right to confidentiality of their information
* Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situationQualifications:
* High school diploma or GED. Certification needed for CNAs
* Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
* Certified in CPR (90 day grace period from hire to obtain this certification)
* Negative 2 Step TB skin test (PPD) or chest x-ray
* Physical Within Last Year or provide fit for duty equivalent
* 2 Forms of I.D.
(ie. Driver's License, Social Security Card, etc.)
* Preferably a licensed driver with automobile that is insured
* Clean background check
* Clean drug screen
* Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
* Empathy for the needs of the patient
* Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
* Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
* Works as a team member * Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Charleston, SC (29407)